Certificate of Good Conduct in Malaysia Application Process
What is the Certificate of Good Conduct?
The Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC) is the prerequisite needed by most countries to apply for a student permit, work permit, or permanent resident permit. This certificate verifies that an individual has no negative or criminal record throughout their stay in Malaysia. Non-citizens who have lived in Malaysia for more than a year may apply for CGC.
The paperwork must be submitted online, and the approval process by the Royal Malaysian Police will take around 1-2 months.
Steps to Register for Certificate of Good Conduct
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official portal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia through kln.gov.my .
- Go to the e-Consular service tab and click ‘Letter of Good Conduct (SKB)’
- Users may also access directly through https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my
- Click Sign Up Now to register.
- The user is required to fill in the details below and click “Register”.
- Log in to the system with your registered ID (User ID and Password). Key in Security Code.
- Click New Application under the tab Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Fill in your Personal Information.
- Fill in your Supporting Information.
- Upload your recent Passport-Sized Photo (*please read the criteria before uploading your photo).
- Upload a Scanned Copy of the Front/First Page of your Passport (*please read the criteria for uploading your document).
- Click the VIEW AND SUBMIT APPLICATION button to submit your application. (*Please ensure your details are correct before submission. Click the SAVE button if you wish to edit your application. Please note that you will not be able to amend once your application has been submitted).
You Can Contact With Us For Details
Contact Number: +60 17-685 2551
COLLECTION OF THE CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT
- Once your status of application has been changed to PASSED/APPROVED, your certificate is now ready for collection.
- Collection of the certificate can be made at any Consular Services Counter in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Putrajaya, Sabah, Sarawak, or any of the Malaysian Embassies/ High Commissions/Consulates General abroad.
- Kindly bring along the following documents during the collection of the certificate:
➢ CGC Acknowledgement Slip.
➢ Cash payment of RINGGIT MALAYSIA TWENTY ONLY (RM20) for payment made in Malaysia or EQUIVALENT TO RM20 in local currency for payment made abroad. For the exact amount to be paid in local currency, kindly contact the respective Malaysian Embassies / High Commissions / Consulates; and
➢ Letter of Authorisation and copy of IC/Passport (*for application collected by using representative)
- For application with the status INVALID DOCUMENT, please refer to the Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia, or the Malaysian Embassies / High Commissions / Consulates General abroad for further information.
Please contact us at the following address for more information:
Global Assistant Education Consultant
G-22, 2nd Floor, South City Plaza,
Taman Serdang Perdana 43300,
Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 17-685 2551